Note: You are viewing the black / grey / white / dark colors version of our UP-8500 Chroma-fil paint. If your application calls for bright colors, view our bright colors version.
Our UP-8500 Chroma-fil is a premium quality, Low VOC Urethane Paint line formulated to provide you with the ultimate performance that you expect from a urethane topcoat. UP-8500 is an easy to use, 420 g/L compliant urethane topcoat system.
It has been designed to provide you with exceptional application, coverage, hiding, and film build properties for your day-to-day repairs. From spot repairs to completes, UP-8500 will leave behind a high quality, durable, long-lasting, high gloss finish with exceptional DOI.
This system has been designed to withstand aggressive environments: UP-8500 offers excellent resistance to weathering, pollution, impact, and abrasion. It covers quickly, which means you need less material for each job. UP-8500 will increase productivity in your facility while reducing your labour and topcoat costs … making it a very economical system.
You have a choice of three Hardeners from fast to slow dry H-8501/H-8502/H-8503 and three speeds of dry Reducers R-121/R-122/R-123 to meet your dry speed requirements.
Select the appropriate hardener and reducer to extract the optimum performance from our Low VOC UP-8500 Urethane Paint system.
- Mix Ratio: 4:1:+20-25%
- Pressure: 25-30 PSI
- Tip: 1.3 – 1.5
- Color: Colored (Black / Grey / White/ Dark Colors)
- Required catalyst: H-8501 / H-8502 / H-8503
- Reducer: R-121 Fast-Fil / R-122 Medium-Fil / R-123 Slow-Fil
- Part No.: UP-8500-B-W-G-DC
- Sizes: 1 US gallon / 3.78 Liters or 1 US quart / 0.946 Liter
- Units Per Case: 4 or 8
- Direct to Metal (DTM): Surface must be completely cured prior to painting (DO NOT APPLY paint over fresh or uncured coatings)
- Cured / Used Plastic: 180-240 grid (this is assuming the plastic has been painted and primed in the past)
- Aluminum, Steel, Metal that has been primed: Prep as necessary to break primer for application. Paint will adhere to any primed surface**
- Aluminum: 180 to 240 grid (DTM PURPOSE ONLY)
- Metal: 180-240 grid (DTM PURPOSE ONLY)
- Chrome: Not recommended
- New Plastic: Adhesion Promoter Necessary
- Steel: 240 grid (DTM PURPOSE ONLY)
- Dust Free time: 20-30 minutes
- Force Dry to Polish: 1-1.5 hours after cooling
- Force Dry: 20-30 minutes
- Air Dry to Polish: 12 hours/Overnight
- Air Dry: 3-4 hours